qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/92] Misc patches for 2020-09-24

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/92] Misc patches for 2020-09-24
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 11:08:59 +0100

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 at 10:27, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> The following changes since commit 0fc0142828b5bc965790a1c5c6e241897d3387cb:
>
>   Merge remote-tracking branch
> 'remotes/kraxel/tags/input-20200921-pull-request' into staging (2020-09-22
> 21:11:10 +0100)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/bonzini/qemu.git tags/for-upstream
>
> for you to fetch changes up to f40b138ec74bfdaf50f77e46e4b9c10a38f43db6:
>
>   Merge tag 'pull-cap-20200922' of https://github.com/rth7680/qemu into HEAD
> (2020-09-23 14:39:20 -0400)

> * SCSI fix (Dmitry, Li Feng, Li Qiang)
> * memory API fixes (Eduardo)
> * removal of deprecated '-numa node', 'cpu-add', '-smp' (Igor)
> * ACPI fix for VMBus (Jon)
> * relocatable install (myself)
> * always remove docker containers (myself)
> * serial cleanups (Philippe)
> * vmware cpuid leaf for tsc and apic frequency (Sunil)
> * KVM_FEATURE_ASYNC_PF_INT support (Vitaly)
> * i386 XSAVE bugfix (Xiaoyao)
> * QOM developer documentation in docs/devel (Eduardo)
> * new checkpatch tests (Dov)
> * x86_64 syscall fix (Douglas)
> * interrupt-based APF fix (Vitaly)
> * always create kvmclock (Vitaly)
> * fix bios-tables-test (Eduardo)
> * KVM PV features cleanup (myself)
> * CAN FD (Pavel)
>
> meson:
> * fixes (Marc-André, Max, Stefan, Alexander, myself)
> * submodule and environment CFLAGS overhaul (myself)
> * moved libmpathpersist, cocoa, malloc tests (myself)
> * support for 0.56 introspected test dependencies (myself)

Conflict in docs/system/deprecated.rst, which was easy
enough to fix up but then git tells me also

# Changes not staged for commit:
#       modified:   capstone (new commits)

so something is weird with the submodule status and I'm
not confident enough to go ahead with committing the
resulting merge commit.

In any case Richard's pullreq fails to build so I imagine if
I got to trying to test yours it would fail with those issues.
This kind of thing is why I prefer merges not to come with
other peoples' pullrequests pre-merged into them.

Can you rebase and resend, please?

(You might also find semantic conflicts with Stefan's
now-merged pullreq that includes the atomic->qatomic
rename; I didn't get far enough to find out.)

thanks
-- PMM