qemu-devel

Vim editor strange keyboard behaviour

From: A. Wik
Subject: Vim editor strange keyboard behaviour
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 17:17:44 +0000

Hi all,

I'm running MS-DOS 7.10 in a QEMU virtual machine, and there is a problem with the keyboard in the Vim editor.  The arrow keys jump over a line, as if you had typed the key twice.  PgUp and PgDn are likewise affected.  Other applications are not affected, unless you shell out from Vim.

The QEMU version is 5.0.0, and I'm using the "-k sv" option, but I've tried without it and it doesn't make a difference.

I don't get this keyboard behaviour in the exact same VM under VMware Player.

Regards,
Albert Wik