qemu-devel

Re: CXL support in QEMU

From: Ben Widawsky
Subject: Re: CXL support in QEMU
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 08:03:14 -0800

On 20-12-16 13:42:51, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 10:53:34 +0100
> Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 16/12/2020 06.05, Prashant V Agarwal wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Is there a way to know the support plans for CXL protocol in QEMU?
> > > I see that there is side branch development going on:
> > >
> > > https://gitlab.com/bwidawsk/qemu/-/tree/cxl-2.0v2
> > > <https://gitlab.com/bwidawsk/qemu/-/tree/cxl-2.0v2>
> > >
> > > But when does it get merged and gets released in QEMU formally?
> > > Is there a way to know a rough timeline?
> >
> > You should rather the authors of that repository whether and when they plan
> > to contribute their changes to the QEMU project. It's certainly not going to
> > happen automatically that these patches get merged into the main repository.
> >
> >  Thomas
> >
> Worth noting that they have posted an RFC, so I would suggest replying to
> that thread to make sure you get all the right people.
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20201111054724.794888-1-ben.widawsky@intel.com/#r
>
> +CC Ben

I haven't posted v2 yet because I have a few more changes I wanted to make
before doing so, however v2 has all of Jonathan's feedback plus a few minor
things.

Thomas, it's been CC'd to a few folks outside of the list itself, but I couldn't
get much in the way of reviewers. Advice on that is welcome.

Ben