qemu-devel

Re: pxa crashes with qemu v5.2 when executing xscale operations

From: Guenter Roeck
Subject: Re: pxa crashes with qemu v5.2 when executing xscale operations
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 08:01:28 -0800

Hi Philippe,

On 12/21/20 7:24 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
[ ... ])

>> Does this mean that there is a bug, that the affected emulations are no
>> longer
>> supported, that I now have to specify some new option on the qemu command
>> line,
>> or something else ?
>
> The command line is likely correct, all the pxa270* CPUs have the same
> architectural features. It is not yet listed as "no longer supported"
> but certainly "not enough tested". Good news, you seem to have an easy
> reproducible test.

Something like the following should do.

qemu-system-arm -M z2 -kernel arch/arm/boot/zImage -no-reboot \
    -initrd rootfs-armv5.cpio \
    --append "rdinit=/sbin/init console=ttyS0" \
    -nographic -monitor null -serial stdio

where the kernel is built with pxa_defconfig.
Machine name can be any of the pxa machines (akita, borzoi, spitz,
tosa, terrier, z2, or mainstone). The initrd is from:
https://github.com/groeck/linux-build-test/blob/master/rootfs/arm/rootfs-armv5.cpio.gz

Guenter