qemu-devel

Re: Commit abb0cd93494 breaks -singlestep -d in_asm,cpu with qemu-system

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: Commit abb0cd93494 breaks -singlestep -d in_asm,cpu with qemu-system-sh4
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 00:46:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
On 10/25/21 23:16, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
Hello,

Commit abb0cd93494 (accel/tcg: Split out log_cpu_exec) seems to have
broken -singlestep -d in_asm,cpu output with qemu-system-sh4 after a
delay slot.
[...]
However I still don't understand how the delayed branch ends up at
0x8c800964 instead of 0x8c801528 above. Is this ouput not showing some
already translated TBs even with -singlestep -d in_asm,cpu,nochain and
that's why I see those cpu dumps without instructions? What's the
correct way to get a trace of all executed instructions?

IIUC this commit you now need to use both cpu,exec to get the output?

Nope, I get the same even adding exec. I think it now also prints registers for already translated instructions where in_asm produces no ouput whereas before it was only dumping state when in_asm also had ouput. So now we get a lot more cpu state but we don't really know what they are for. Not sure what's the use of that, the previous output looked more useful.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan