qemu-devel

Question about performance comparison between virtio-fs and virtio-blk

From: Hao Xu
Subject: Question about performance comparison between virtio-fs and virtio-blk
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 20:23:56 +0800

Hi Stefan,

I watched your presentation about virtiofs in 2020,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIVOzTsGMMI&t=232s

which is really helpful to me, but I have a question about the graph at 3:53, could you give

me more info about the test, like what tool you use for the test, if it's fio, what is the parameters.

I used fio to do randread test in a qemu box, but turns out the iops of virtio-blk and virtio-fs are similar.

Thanks,

Hao