qemu-devel

Should we maybe move Cirrus-CI jobs away from Gitlab again?

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Should we maybe move Cirrus-CI jobs away from Gitlab again?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 10:22:04 +0200

 Hi all,

now that Gitlab is giving us pressure on the amount of free CI minutes, I wonder whether we should maybe move the Cirrus-CI jobs out of the gitlab-CI dashboard again? We could add the jobs to our .cirrus-ci.yml file instead, like we did it in former times...

Big advantage would be of course that the time for those jobs would not count in the Gitlab-CI minutes anymore. Disadvantage is of course that they do not show up in the gitlab-CI dashboard anymore, so there is no more e-mail notification about failed jobs, and you have to push to github, too, and finally check the results manually on cirrus-ci.com ...

Opinions?

 Thomas