qemu-devel

Collecting information from a hung qemu process

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Collecting information from a hung qemu process
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 18:57:38 +0100

I filed this bug about recent Linux hanging very rarely when booting
on recent qemu:

https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/1696

As I'm able to reproduce this bug at will (albeit I have to wait for
100s or 1000s of iterations of the test), I am able to observe the
qemu process after it hangs.  Is there any information which is useful
to collect from the hung qemu, such as stack traces, etc?

I know how to collect a stack trace, but if there's other information
please give me a guide about how to collect that.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW