qemu-devel

arm: couple of finalize_memop related oddities

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: arm: couple of finalize_memop related oddities
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 11:47:42 +0100

I noticed a couple of finalize_memop related oddities while I
was rebasing my decodetree series:

(1) in disas_ldst_reg_imm9(), we calculate a memop, but then
when we call gen_mte_check1_mmuidx() we don't pass the memop
as that function's memop argument, we just pass size. Everywhere
else that calls gen_mte_check* functions passes memop. Intentional?

(2) disas_ldst_reg_roffset() and disas_ldst_reg_unsigned_imm()
use finalize_memop() for both vector and normal register
loads/stores. Should they be using finalize_memop_asimd()
for the vector versions?

(3) disas_ldst_multiple_struct() and disas_ldst_single_struct()
use finalize_memop() even though they always load/store
vector registers. Should they be using finalize_memop_asimd() ?

thanks
-- PMM