qemu-devel

A confusion about CXL in arm virt machine

From: Yuquan Wang
Subject: A confusion about CXL in arm virt machine
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:43:31 +0800

Hi, Gregory

There is one confusion about CXL in QEMU I hope to consult
If you have some time to look at this email, I would have better understanding of CXL
emulation in QEMU.

On docs/system/devices/cxl.rst ,  Gregory wrote:
A very simple setup with just one directly attached CXL Type 3 Volatile Memory device::
qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt,gic-version=3,cxl=on -m 4g,maxmem=8G,slots=8 -cpu max \

As the current master branch of QEMU has not yet complemented the CXL option/expansion
in arm virt machine, how this example command lines worked? Or here used another branch
rather than master?

Many thanks
Yuquan