qemu-discuss

mode of pidfile

From: Kai Peter
Subject: mode of pidfile
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 17:45:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm curious why the option -pidfile creates a file with mode 0600. Usually I drop root privileges with the -runas parameter. The pidfile is then owned by root:root and there is no chance to read it with the new uid. Running a post command to change the mode is a bit annoying. And in comparison with other pid files - most of them are mode 0644 (owned by root:root). Is there any reason why qemu works this way? Any chance to change this upstream?

regards
Kai

--
Sent with eQmail-1.10.3 beta - a fork of djb's famous qmail