qemu-discuss

Trying to get to a qemu guest from it's host.

From: George R Goffe
Subject: Trying to get to a qemu guest from it's host.
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 21:52:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

First of all, I am NOT a networking kind of guy AND I've been spoiled by
VirtualBox and it's simple network config.

I'm trying to get to a QEMU guest (Fedora Core 34) from it's host. With
VirtualBox VM's I get an ip address on the same net as the host with just one
poke of a button. Whether or not there's a bridge component in this network
setup IS WELL hidden. During the startup of the VB guest, the guest "talks"
with a firewall/router running a DHCP server to get it's networking information
(ip addr, netmask, broadcast addr).

I would like to do the same with the QEMU guest. There is a plethora of network
specs to start the QEMU guest and I'm daunted and bewildered by it.

Can I get a little help with this please?

Best regards,

George...