qemu-discuss

Re: libvirt guest-agent copy-paste

From: Felix Natter
Subject: Re: libvirt guest-agent copy-paste
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 14:46:31 +0200

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:

> hi,
>
> I have a qemu/kvm vm with Debian 10 host and Debian unstable guest, with
> this configuration [1], spice-vdagent 0.20.0-1 installed in the guest
> and using spicy (spice client) to access the VM remotely.
>
> Is there anything else needed to get copy-paste to work? Spice graphics
> work, but copy-paste does not work yet.

The solution was to add a channel for spice to the libvirt xml
(there are many links which explain how to do this in the qemu
invocation directly):

     <channel type='spicevmc'>
       <target type='virtio' name='com.redhat.spice.0'/>
       <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='2'/>
     </channel>

Now both copy+paste and adapting the resolution to the client window
size works :-)

Best Regards,
Felix
--