qemu-discuss

QEMU EFI project mouse position change not reported

From: gomi odabaşıoğlu
Subject: QEMU EFI project mouse position change not reported
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:36:29 +0000

Hello, I've made a simple program for UEFI motherboards. I use gnu-efi and a sample project for VS2019. That uses QEMU for debug. Interestingly. For a real hardware I boot and get mouse reports but not for QEMU. In order to enable mouse I tried many options. For run options that uses a debug _vbscript_ which has QEMU_OPTS = "-usb ...". However, I fault about enabling it and my ideas exhausted. I added options based on doc page.

For my application I use:
EFI_SIMPLE_POINTER_PROTOCOL* mouse;
EFI_SIMPLE_POINTER_STATE     State;

Reported in while(...) loop:
Status = mouse->GetState(mouse, &State);
Print(L"X:%d Y:%d Z:%d L:%d R:%d\n",
State.RelativeMovementX,
State.RelativeMovementY,
State.RelativeMovementZ,
State.LeftButton,
State.RightButton
);

What should I do to get mouse ? If a can do it my task will be much easier.

Best Regards

Gomidas