qemu-discuss

Re: Sound error: Could not initialize DirectSoundCapture

From: kazusanosuke_kaz
Subject: Re: Sound error: Could not initialize DirectSoundCapture
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 20:46:43 +0900 (JST)

Dear all!

I appreciate your kindness.
After all, I could hear the nostalgic startup sound by sb16 emulation.
I'm relieved to hear the error is harmless.

There still remains another problem.
Sometimes I can hear the sound, sometimes I can't. It is unclear what causes
this behavior.
I have never been distressed in this way by actual machines, actual sb16 ISAPnP
or other sound devices.

There still remains yet another problem.
FPU's benchmark score(1) is equivalent to classic pentium @ 30Mhz.
On the other hand, the score of integer instructions is equivalent to classic
pentium @ 166Mhz,
The window system is so slow as you can see the movement to open a tree of
Explorer, default file manager of windows 98. I wonder if it's becouse of the
CPU emulation. It seems SSE is not used, vt-x doesn't work. The scores are far
from them when I use VirtualBox using vt-x.
(1) I used HDBench, the most famous software in Japan when people use windows
98 on actual machines.

These problems are not urgent or important.
Just FYI

thanks,
--
Yasuhide Omori