qemu-discuss

ninja install on ubuntu 16.04 for qemu-5.2.0 build

From: ckim
Subject: ninja install on ubuntu 16.04 for qemu-5.2.0 build
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 18:15:56 +0900

Hello,

qemu-5.2.0 now internally uses mesa for building qemu.

Isn’t there any guideline for this new build method on qemu document page?( I couldn’t find one).

I was met with this ‘couldn’t find Ninja 1.7 or newer’ and tried installing ninja with apt-get but the version is too low.(it seems it’s 1.5)

I guess because I’m using ubuntu 16.04 - somewhat old version, I’ll have to download the ninja and mesa.

Can someone give me an advice on which is the best way to solve this?

Thank you!

Chan Kim