qemu-discuss

MIPS32 release 2 Instructions

From: prashant chaturvedi
Subject: MIPS32 release 2 Instructions
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 16:50:03 +0530

Hello all,
I'm trying execute a mips32r2 , little endian binary on qemu and the instructions like enable interrupt(EI) and Pair upper Lower(PUL.PS) are not supported by qemu as it gives "Illegal Instruction" error.

I'm really confused with this, Those instructions are part of the ISA, then why am I getting this error? Is there something that I'm missing? someway that i can enable execution of those instructions? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!