qemu-discuss

Re: Networking on Mac host

From: Phil Endecott
Subject: Re: Networking on Mac host
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 17:58:33 +0100

Phil Endecott wrote:
The second issue is that I get some connection failures when distcc tries to connect over ssh.

I've now tried distcc in its daemon mode, with qemu
forwarding port 3632 from the host to the guest, and
I still see similar errors e.g.

distcc[13613] (dcc_writex) ERROR: failed to write: Connection reset by peer
distcc[13615] ERROR: nonblocking connect to 192.168.1.53:3632 failed: Connection reset by peer

So the issue is not related to ssh.

I can't find anything in the logs on the guest, nor on the Mac host
though I'm not exactly sure where to look there.

Is there anything in the qemu user-mode networking that could limit
the number or rate of connections? How could I debug this further?

Regards, Phil.