qemu-discuss

Re: Support for Gaisler multicore LEONx SoCs

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Support for Gaisler multicore LEONx SoCs
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 21:29:34 +0100

On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 at 20:54, Gregg Allison <Gregg.Allison@lasp.colorado.edu> wrote:

We are considering the Gaisler GR712RC (2 core LEON3) and GR740 (4 core LEON4) SoCs for a new deep space mission.

Does QEMU support these two multicore configurations at present? Is there an effort planned to provide multicore LEONx emulation?

I've cc'd the people listed in MAINTAINERS for Leon, but as far as I can
see there have been no Leon-related commits for a few years, so I don't
think this area of QEMU is being actively developed. We seem to have
currently LEON2 and LEON3 CPU support, and one machine type, the
"Leon-3 generic" machine.

thanks
-- PMM