qemu-discuss

Re: linux shell comes out to qemu-monitor when I enter anything. (I have

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: linux shell comes out to qemu-monitor when I enter anything. (I have two uarts)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 04:45:34 +0200

On 2022-07-20 14:35, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 at 13:14, Chan Kim <ckim@etri.re.kr> wrote:
Hi, Peter Maydell,

Thank you for the advice.
So I uncommented the stdio_in_use guard, and used this option
(because the second uart will be used)

-chardev null,mux=off,id=char0 -serial chardev:char0 -chardev
stdio,mux=off,id=char1 -serial chardev:char1

And it gives me :
qemu-system-aarch64: cannot use stdio by multiple character devices
That isn't a full QEMU command line. Either something else on your
command line is also using 'stdio', or you've passed an option
that implicitly says "use stdio" (maybe -nographic ?), or you have
code in your device model that's hardwiring use of the stdio chardev.

-- PMM

It would be a lot more helpful if your error message was explicit about
which items were conflicting rather than demanding the full configuration
from people affected.  And don't fall for the temptation of printing out a
list of potential reasons in the fixed error text, actually print the actual data
triggering your error case.

Enjoy

Jakob