qemu-discuss

sparc64 -- cannot get 'Hello World' to run

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham
Subject: sparc64 -- cannot get 'Hello World' to run
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 11:04:39 +0100

I use qemu-user a lot. I even have Github workflows set up that
install cross-compilers and qemu, and the Github workflow builds and
tests my program on 20+ combinations of operating system + compiler +
architecture.

I can't get sparc64 to work at all though. Even I make a simple 'Hello
World' program in C using only "puts", if I try to use qemu-user to
run it, it crashes.

I'm running qemu-user on a desktop PC running Ubuntu 23.04 on an x86_64 CPU.

Anyone been able to get the sparc64 emulator to work?