qemu-discuss

Re: Converting VMWare Workstation VM's to Qemu/KVM

From: Nerijus Baliūnas
Subject: Re: Converting VMWare Workstation VM's to Qemu/KVM
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:13:31 +0200

2023-12-12 22:10, Sbob rašė:
Can someone point me to the right way to convert VMWare Workstation VM's to Qemu/KVM/libvirt VM's

Then I took these steps:

1) use qemu-img convert to convert the Dev-Fedora.vmdk file:

# qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 Dev-Fedora.vmdk Dev-Fedora.qcow2

this created the Dev-Fedora.qcow2 file

2) create a new VM with virt-manager and use the Dev-Fedora.qcow2 file as the disk image via the 'Import existing disk image' option

3) I start the new VM and I get 'No bootable devices found'

There is virt-v2v tool, have you tried it?

Regards,
Nerijus