qemu-discuss

Syncing the guest display resolution with the host in fullscreen

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Syncing the guest display resolution with the host in fullscreen
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 19:58:20 +0300

Hello, all

I want to configure QEmu to run my Windows XP guest in
fullscreen and at my display's native resolution (1366x768).
I think it the most natural and frequent requirement for
comforable work in the guest OS, yet I cannot find a way to
achieve this.

The task is futher hardened by the absence of this
resolution from the guest Windows dislay properties, which
has, however, many options both below and above the one
required. I am using `-vga std`. Can you help?

My OS is FreeBSD 14.1 and my QEmu 8.2.2_1.