qemu-riscv

Re: fu740 target

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: fu740 target
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:14:03 +1000

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 1:03 AM Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 10:44 PM Ben Dooks <ben.dooks@codethink.co.uk> wrote:

I don't know of anyone working on supporting it.

There previously was some work towards supporting vendor CSRs in QEMU.
We are open to the idea, it just has to be done correctly.

We are happy to have support added if you would like to send patches :)

> > > Adding 0x7c1/7c2 would be a vendor-specific CSR approach?
> >
> > Part of the FU740 feature disable controls
>
> Yep I know that. I was asking if you use a vendor-specific CSR
> approach in QEMU to handle such cleanly.

We (QEMU) would love that as well. Hopefully SiFive or someone from
the community can work towards that.

Alistair