qemu-riscv

Re: RISCV vector cryptography support

From: Sivachandran S
Subject: Re: RISCV vector cryptography support
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 21:55:36 +0530

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the information.
In that case it means that QEMU only supports the scalar cryptographic instructions alone. Please confirm.
Also please let me know how to test with QEMU, or point to any link or material, where the crypto tests shall be run for RISCV in QEMU.

Thanks,
Siva.S

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 7:01 PM Daniel Henrique Barboza <dbarboza@ventanamicro.com> wrote:
Hi,

On 6/21/23 22:24, Sivachandran S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are working on the RISC-V virt platform for one of the projects. So I would like to know whether the QEMU supports RISCV vector cryptographic instructions. If so please let me know which QEMU version supports it.

QEMU doesn't have vector crypto support at this moment. It's currently a
work under review:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-04/msg05580.html

Depending on how the review goes, QEMU 8.1 (to be released in August) will
implement this support.

Thanks,

Daniel