qemu-trivial

Re: [Qemu-trivial] [Qemu-devel] patch: add delay=<msecs> suboption to -d

From: Dave Mielke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-trivial] [Qemu-devel] patch: add delay=<msecs> suboption to -display curses
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 21:21:51 -0400

[quoted lines by Peter Maydell on 2014/05/25 at 01:04 +0100]

>Why is this a problem only for the curses UI frontend, and not for
>any of the other UIs which might send key events?

One reason is that most UIs send key events as they receive them from the
keyboard, one at a time, whereas the curses UI gets a single key event from
curses and then sends all of the scancodes which it takes to represent that
key. In other words, a single key event from curses could result in as many as
10 actual key events needing to be passed along - both the press and release
for the actual key plus up to four modifiers (shift, control, alt, altgr).

Another reason is that it's not a problem for a lot of applications. I happened
to hit it in an application, and, therefore, coded a fix for it.

EMail: address@hidden | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.com/