qemu-trivial

Re: [Qemu-trivial] [Qemu-devel] Cc'ing emails [

From: Chen Gang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-trivial] [Qemu-devel] Cc'ing emails [
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 20:20:40 +0800

On 08/05/2014 04:07 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> n 5 August 2014 08:08, Michael Tokarev <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 05.08.2014 08:41, Chen Gang wrote:
>>>
>>> Every members have their own tastes, and one working flow may be not
>>> suitable for all members. I can understand, and hope other members
>>> understand too.
>>>
>>> At least for me, next, I shall send patch to the members which I can get
>>> from 'get_maintainers.pl' and only Cc to qemu-devel. And shall skip
>>> qemu-trivial and Michael Tokarev.
>>
>> Why skip both?  It's your call, but I'm curious.
>
> I think that is a misunderstanding. You asked not to get mails
> cc'd to both you personally and qemu-trivial at the same time,
> and Chen misread this to mean not to cc either address.
>
> Trivial patches should still be sent "To: qemu-devel + Cc: qemu-trivial".

OK, thank you for your explanation. Excuse me, my English is not quite
well, originally, I really misunderstood what Michael Tokarev said.

>> What I _think_ wrong is that get_maintainers.pl lists many random
>> "patchers" for a given file by default.
>
> Yes, I think it's probably reasonable to change it to make it not
> default to "--git-fallback". Do you want to submit a patch?
>
> (Perhaps we could make it cc qemu-orphan@ if we wanted to
> flag up holes in our MAINTAINERS coverage and patches liable
> to get lost, but that probably only makes sense if we have people
> who would care enough to do that monitoring work.)

Originally, I assumed Michael Tokarev is that role (be the people who
would care enough to do that monitoring work), but sorry, at present,
I know, I misunderstand him (he is not this role).

It is really hard to find a member to act as this role (I guess, for act
as this role, he/she will be a real global maintainer of qemu).

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed