qemu-trivial

Re: [Qemu-trivial] [Qemu-devel] patch to swap SIGRTMIN + 1 and SIGRTMAX

From: Josh Kunz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-trivial] [Qemu-devel] patch to swap SIGRTMIN + 1 and SIGRTMAX - 1
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:46:13 -0700

Hi all,

I have also experienced issues with SIGRTMIN + 1, and am interested in moving this patch forwards. Anything I can do here to help? Would the maintainers prefer myself or Marli re-submit the patch?

The Go issue here seems particularly sticky. Even if we update the Go runtime, users may try and run older binaries built with older versions of Go for quite some time (months? years?). Would it be better to hide this behind some kind of build-time flag (`--enable-sigrtmin-plus-one-proxy` or something), so that some users can opt-in, but older binaries still work as expected?

Also, here is a link to the original thread this message is in reply to in-case my mail-client doesn't set up the reply properly: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-07/msg01303.html

Thanks,
Josh Kunz