qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] XML Header and URIs

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] XML Header and URIs
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:33:29 -0800

Sascha Opletal wrote:

I have two problems here...

1) Is it possible to use some uri-resolver with qexo, to resolve and use
custom uris? something like "message://some.xml"

I don't know.  Only if there is some standard Java plug-in mechanism
for URI schemes.

2) The qexo parses file a with an XML-Header correctly, but i can't create a header in my output file.

How can i insert an XML Header?

Two methods:
(a) Use the unescaped-data function (documented in the manual).

(b) I just checked in a patch to emit an XML declaration when
printing a document node.  So you can do:
document { <top>...</top> }

The does not include a specification of the encoding,
because XMLPrinter doesn't know what the encoding is.
If we did, we could also be more intelligent about when
we need to emit character enteties.

A query would be like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-2"?>
{

Xquery stuff here

}

This is not valid XQuery syntax.