qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] querry related with pim join message

From: Everton Marques
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] querry related with pim join message
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:18:56 -0300

Hi Bhavin,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:45 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

>    Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my setup.
> The receiver is pc1 which is sending igmp ssm S,G join with the
> S=192.168.1.12 and G is 232.2.4.5. I have made a simple c program
> which send S,G join with above values on pc1.
>
>  On pc2 i do not get any source but what i get is group address sent as
> an igmp join from pc 1 as one of the igmp group addresses on pc 2.
>
>  Actually no source was connected with pc3 but i thought since the ip
> configured on it is 192.168.1.4 at least pim join should reach up to
> pc 3 or pc2.

I think your setup looks ok.

I suppose you have IGMP enabled under pimd on pc2's interface attached to pc1,
right? Then "show ip igmp sources" on pc2 should display the
192.168.1.12 source.

Are you sure the receiver application is issuing a correct IGMPv3 join
to (S,G)=(192.168.1.12,232.2.4.5) ? You can use tcpdump to verify the
ICMP join.

I run nepim to test IGMPv3 joins, it looks like this (on pc1): nepim
-j 192.168.1.12+232.2.4.5
To get nepim: http://www.nongnu.org/nepim/

Cheers,
Everton