ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Libcaca and Ranger

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Libcaca and Ranger
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 18:07:32 +0200

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 05:53:59PM +0200, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some information somehwere on how to install Ranger with new
> image preview functionality with Libcaca? Is this a special version of
> Ranger?
>

> Jostein

This feature is experimental, but it's working for me :-).
The caca feature has its own git branch.  To get it, type this:

git clone http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/ranger.git
cd ranger
git checkout caca

You might also need some dependencies:
* python-imaging
* libcaca

The names of the packages vary between different linux distributions.
On debian/ubuntu for example, you will need libcaca-dev instead of
libcaca.

If you installed them, type this to confirm that you have done it right:
/cacatest.py

Finally, run ranger:
/ranger.py