ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] ranger and sxiv

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger and sxiv
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:09:45 +0100

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 05:06:48PM -0600, Shuuichi Nitori wrote:
> hi, this is my first time in the ranger's mailing list and please excuse my
> poor english =.=, I want to report a little problem.
> I have the last version of ranger, everything works fine, but whenever I
> want to use xsiv, I can't move between the pictures (space bar = next
> image, p = previous, etc..) it simply don't work, if I close ranger I can
> use sxiv perfectly
> I'm using Archlinux, awesomeWM and sakura as terminal emulator. everything
> is updated, I also remove my old ranger configuration and run ranger
> --copy-config=all but still the same.

Hi Shuuichi,

Here's a script that may help you.  It contains installing instructions
in the comments:

https://github.com/hut/ranger/blob/master/examples/rifle_sxiv.sh

There are more scripts in the examples/ directory that you may like.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 05:06:48PM -0600, Shuuichi Nitori wrote:
> if I close ranger I can use sxiv perfectly

How?  Without ranger, if I just type "sxiv image.jpg", I can't move
between all images either.  Maybe you know something I don't know? :)

Roman