ratpoison-devel

Re: ratpoison gets confused about what is the active frame

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: ratpoison gets confused about what is the active frame
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 10:16:58 +0200

Ian Hickson @ 2021-04-04 (Sunday), 13:11 (-0700)

I love ratpoison, I've used it for many years.

Isn't it great! Two decades and counting here...

Is there any way to log ratpoison's behaviour to a file so that I can see
if there's anything common in the logs when the problem manifests?

There is a DEBUG_PRINT() macro in src/ratpoison.h, which use is sprinkled throughout the code and should produce verbose and hopefully helpful output on builds configured with `--enable-debug`. So rebuild your sources and trace away. Please report back how it goes.

Personally, I never use anything but fullscreen and have never experienced the issue described.
--
/Martin