ratpoison-devel

Re: No Menu in Slackware / SLINT

From: D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Subject: Re: No Menu in Slackware / SLINT
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 14:27:00 -0400

Hello George,

Nice to hear from you.

I found ratmenu here.  https://github.com/trapd00r/ratmenu

Do you have any advice for installing it in Slackware?

There is a script deb2tgz which does its best to convert a deb file (Debian) to a tgz (Slackware) file.
https://medium.com/netdef/installing-debian-packages-on-slackware-1ed5b8e1d3c0

I just got nervous when I saw mentions of "menu" files, the subject makes my brain boil and my feet feel deep fried, as those "menu" file configurations probably beyond my ken.

Best regards,

David Ring