Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Python 3 migration: considering non-UTF-8 confo

From: Eric L.
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Python 3 migration: considering non-UTF-8 conform filenames
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 22:00:08 +0200

Hi,

On 04/08/2019 08:59, Eric L. wrote:
> OK, I've created a sub-branch ericzolf-py2to3-bytes and will work on
> this aspect, moving away from str for paths to bytes.

If someone is interested, there is a working version at

https://github.com/ericzolf/rdiff-backup/tree/ericzolf-py2to3-bytes

You can backup, also incrementally, not sure about recovering, and none
of the tests is working. The repository looks good, rdiff-backup 1.2.8
accepts it without moaning.

So, all in all, we're back on track and unicode isn't a pre-requisite
anymore. Time to have dinner and go to bed...

You might want to decide if you prefer to review the sub-branch before I
merge it into the main branch ericzolf-py2to3, or if it's preferable to
merge it into it before general review. Both is possible, I don't really
care.

KR, Eric