Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Compatibility for rdiff-backup 1.2.8 and 1.3.5

From: EricZolf
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Compatibility for rdiff-backup 1.2.8 and 1.3.5
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 06:21:51 +0000

Hi Frank,

I did my best to keep compatibility, but due to the differences between
str/Unicode and bytes/str, there might be exceptions, which we'll try to
address.

This said, I'm not 100% sure that it'll be possible all the time, especially
under Windows, but we should at least document it, and perhaps add a conversion
tool.

KR, Eric