Re: cross-platform backup tool First beta v2.1.2b1 release towards v2.2.

From: EricZolf
Subject: Re: cross-platform backup tool First beta v2.1.2b1 release towards v2.2.0
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 05:40:00 +0000

Hi Robert,
you actually don't really need to:

1. you can test the beta against itself on localhost (if you have an SSH daemon
on the machine where you've already installed rdiff-backup) or even using the
tricks in the test scripts (check testing/commontest.py, e.g. the rdiff_backup
function).
2. actually, it's even better if you test the beta against 2.0.5, with which it
should be compatible but we don't have those kind of tests in our pipeline.

Thanks for taking care, so or so,
Eric