ERROR: Action test failed on step run

From: C O'Donnell
Subject: ERROR: Action test failed on step run
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:30:11 -0500

Hello,

Eric and team, thank you for picking up the development of rdiff-backup.

I am in the process of upgrading all of our servers to 2.2.5. My backup strategy is remote source and local destination. OS is FreeBSD, Python 3.9, rdiff-backup 2.2.5, on both sides of the connection.

   $ rdiff-backup test host::/
   WARNING: this command line interface is deprecated and will
   disappear, start using the new one as described with '--new --help'.
   Testing server started by:  b'ssh -C host rdiff-backup --terminal-verbosity
3 --server'
   - Server OK

As I understand it, the warning is coming from the server due to '--server'. Setting the API version per the docs:

   $ rdiff-backup--api-version 201  test host::/
   Testing server started by:  b'ssh -C host rdiff-backup --terminal-verbosity
3 server'
   - Server tests failed due to ERROR:   Action test failed on step run

Test fails. Am I incorrect in my understanding that 2.2.5 has API 201? What am I missing?

Best,

Charles