repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Ethical hosting means Free Software hosting

From: Ian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Ethical hosting means Free Software hosting
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 13:50:03 +0100

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Ethical hosting means Free
Software hosting"):
> Mike Gerwitz writes ("Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Ethical hosting means Free
> Software hosting"):
> > On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 16:39:24 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > I would promote the criterion A0 to required-for-B.
> >
> > The intent of A0 is so that users can forego JavaScript in its
> > entirety---even if the JS is free---and still be able to use the
> > website.
>
> Yes.  I think this is more important than implied by "required-for-A".
> Your comments above seem to suggest that you agree with me.

Sorry to reply a third time, but I really need to fix a mistake I
made:

I wrote:

 I would promote the criterion A0 to required-for-B.

but I meant:

 I would promote the criterion A1 to required-for-B.

That is, the requirement that the website must be Free Software.

Ian.