repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] GitLab registration requires reCAPTCHA

From: Bert Van de Poel
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] GitLab registration requires reCAPTCHA
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 05:03:22 +0200

Keep in mind that GitLab, the software not the platform GitLab.com, is often paired with backends such as LDAP. For example our deployment of GitLab doesn't allow account registration in the software, so we luckily aren't required to use closed source reCAPTCHA and neither do our users. I haven't verified reCAPTCHA is there and can't be disabled in deployments that do allow registration.

Kind regards,
Bert