repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Updated review of GitLab

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: Updated review of GitLab
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 13:03:19 -0400

Tristan Miller <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Ian,
>
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 12:01:57 -0400, Ian Kelling <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> Tristan, thanks for bringing this up. They announced that they
>> canceled those plans, but if they reinstate them, then I agree.
>
> Oh, I had no idea -- they never sent me any follow-up announcement that
> the plans had been retracted.  Is there a web page you can direct me to
> where this announcement is archived?
>
> Regards,
> Tristan

I should have linked it originally.
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitaly/issues/2113

key point: "We will not activate user level product usage tracking on
GitLab.com or GitLab self-managed before we address the feedback and
re-evaluate our plan. We will make sure to communicate our proposed
changes prior to any changes to GitLab.com or self-managed instances,
and give sufficient time for people to provide feedback for a new
proposal."

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF