repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Please review codeberg.org

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Please review codeberg.org
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:04:13 +1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

> I filled in B2 based on answer to Q9 at > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-06/msg00005.html. There's > also Q13 but that is for A2.

I can't access messages easily using those URLs. Would you please
identify the message by its From: field and its Date; field?
With those, I can find it quickly.

I'll try this one more time (previous two messages removed the date field I included):

The From field was Adam Faiz and the date field was Thu, 3 Jun 2021 19:35:07 +0800

> I'm not sure if the choice of licenses is discussed > elsewhere on > the docs.

B2 is NOT just a matter of "choosing" the license. Whichever form of
licensing you choose, you must state it clearly _in the package
source_. If a site doesn't tell people to do that, and give clear
directions to do it right, then it encourages unclear licensing
practices.

> By the way I could not navigate the > https://docs.codeberg.org with > librejs on:

  > > blocked scripts in https://docs.codeberg.org/:
  > > https://docs.codeberg.org/assets/js/sidebar.js:

  > Does that mean it fails C0?

I think so. But I don't know what docs.codeberg.org/ does. What does it do? Is it an important site function? (That is a judgment call,
not a mechanical decision.)

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0