reproduce-devel

[task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 06:35:26 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #13, task #15701 (project reproduce):

Thanks Mohammad-reza, this is a good outline of what we have planned so far.
But indeed, it isn't set in stone, and we should be critical to every step.

For example, ideally we would want to use 'chroot', but in some scenarios it
may not be possible (the server kernels may not allow namespaces). So Maneage
should be able to work similarly in situations where namespace generation and
chroot are not possible. This is just a trivial conditional check at the start
of the process, so it doesn't worry me too much. I just mean to say that we
want the user (for example myself when I put myself in paper-writing shoes!)
to not have to worry about these things ;-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15701>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/