reproduce-devel

[task #15855] Build directory with only two subdirectories: analysis/ an

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15855] Build directory with only two subdirectories: analysis/ and software/
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 09:45:59 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #15855 (project reproduce):

Thanks Boud, that was a nice suggestion (to use 'mv').

This may also be useful for people who want to use the built environment in a
Docker image: After using this new structure in some of my projects I came up
with this simple script below (in the P.S.) that I keep for each project.

I keep a copy of this script in each project and set the directories on my
host system for that project accordingly. Of course, this file isn't under
version control! Then to start the Docker image, I just run this script in the
project I want to run and my environment and mounted directories are setup and
ready to run! It is very convenient :-). Maybe later we can add a mode like
this to the './project' script!

# Image name.
IMGNAME=projects_built_software_environment

# Directories.
SRCDIR=/path/to/source/of/project
BADIR=/path/to/built/analysis/directory/on/host
SOFTWAREDIR=/path/to/software/sourcecode
DATADIR=/path/to/raw/input/data

# Run the docker container.
docker run -v $SRCDIR:/home/maneager/source \
           -v $BADIR:/home/maneager/build/analysis \
           -v $SOFTWAREDIR:/home/maneager/software \
           -v $DATADIR:/home/maneager/data \
           -it $IMGNAME

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15855>

  Message sent via Savannah