ruqueue-user

[Ruqueue-user] Re: LDAP Authentication & Forum Problems (fwd)

From: John Fulton
Subject: [Ruqueue-user] Re: LDAP Authentication & Forum Problems (fwd)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:05:58 -0400 (EDT)

Sam,

Please my answers below:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, WINFUL Samuel wrote:

> I am interested in having this system use our ldap server for
> authentication but could not get it to work. After logging in with the
> root user the "Extensible Authentication" option was enabled and once
> this is enabled (according to the documentation) the file
> functions-auth-ru-ldap.php will be used for authentication given the
> proper information was placed in file "header.php".
>
> According to the documentation this is all that is needed to enable LDAP
> authentication (correct me is I am wrong), but I still do not have it
> working as I am greeted with the following error when I log in as root
> or a valid LDAP user:
>
> Cannot find or open the file 'insert_your_file_here' for reading
>
> I further checked the file "ru_ldap_auth.php" because it was referenced
> in "functions-auth-ru-ldap.php" and saw it required an auth_file. What
> is the format of the auth file and what type of information is needed in
> there?

ru_ldap_auth.php is a class for creating Rutgers LDAP objects.
There is more information on it and this auth_file here:

 http://mssg-lamp.rutgers.edu/ldap/#apache

Please note that you probably don't want to talk to our LDAP server.
Instead, you want to talk to your LDAP server.  Since you work for
Murex, you might want to implement your own murex_ldap_auth.php file
and then update functions-auth-ru-ldap.php so that it includes your
murex_ldap_auth.php file.  If you look at functions-auth-ru-ldap.php
you'll see that it simply implements two functions:

 Auth($username, $password);
 GetLastError();

So if you have existing PHP code to authenticate a username and
password drop it in here.  All you have to do is implement the
above.  The provided copy shows how to implement it with Rutgers
LDAP objects as an example.

> Pardon me if I did not send this to the right email(s). I also must
> mention that the folks in charge of this software are doing a good
> thing. Keep up the good work.

Thank you.  Please let me know if you get the system running.

  John