[Savannah-hackers-public] GNU GPL license violation, copyright infringem

From: Human Rights Activist
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU GPL license violation, copyright infringement and censorship on the ZeroNet GitHub repository!
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 10:10:01 +0000

Hello!

I requesting urgent help from the Free Software Foundation and hackers at
Savannah because at
https://github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet a software is illegally distributed!

I have notified the ZeroNet project that they are in violation of various
licenses and it resulted of the termination of the GNU GPLv2 license. Soon
after they started a voting at
https://github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet/issues/2273 where they lied straight
into the face of all contributors (they was silent about that the GPLv2 license
is terminated) and asked contributors to change the license from GPL.

I have contributed to this software and my pull request was closed and than the
code I sent was merged without giving me credit for my contribution. More than
14 GitHub account is suspended because I was reported license violations,
termination and demanded the repository to replace the license with GPLv3+!

According to my best knowledge once your release your software under GPL there
is nothing can stop users to keep distributing it under GPL. Since ZeroNet is
released under GPLv2 (and that license is terminated permanently) this doesn't
terminated our rights to keep distributing ZeroNet under GPL. Because it would
be illegal and in some cases criminal to distribute ZeroNet under GPLv2 I'm
legally obligated to replace the license with GPLv3.

Also GPL requires to give credit to contributors and it is disgusting and
shameful if someone copy your code and claim credit for it by merging it in his
name! Not to mention I archived the
https://github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet/issues/2273 url various times with
archive.org and you can see they even manipulated the voting, which by the way
voting about totally nonsense! They was also discussed to replace the libraries
but the issue remains, once you received the software under GPL you are able to
distribute it under GPL and because it would be illegal and criminal to use a
GPLv2 license everyone is required to use a GPLv3 or a GPLv3+ license on the
software!

I noting here that most contributors agreed with me that GPLv3+ should be used,
but than @imachug @filips123 and a Hungarian neo-Nazi Tamas Kocsis (aka
@shortcutme and @HelloZeroNet) manipulated the voting and pushed for
GPL-3.0-only. In reality only 1 person voted for GPLv3-only and more than 60+
for GPLv3+!

Recently, the owner of the repository (who is a criminal copyright infringer
also)
in this comment
https://github.com/HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet/issues/2273#issuecomment-564123671
proposed to relicense ZeroNet to MIT!

I demand the Free Software Foundation to take action and contact GitHub and
GitLab to take down the ZeroNet repository!

I will continue to distribute my copies of ZeroNet under GPLv3+ and nobody can
stop me in this specially not after that I was no credited at all for my
contributions! They can relicense it to MIT or Apache 2.0 disregarding
contributors and GPL terms of conditions but I will not!

I kindly ask the Free Software Foundation and hackers at Savannah to take
action!