Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Git email hook?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Git email hook?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 18:11:40 -0600

Hi Paul,

Paul Smith wrote:
> > I pushed a change this morning and didn't see any email about it.
>
> Got the email about 4 hours later; apparently there's some lag in the
> system (I just got this email, about 4.5 hours later...)

There isn't any intentional mailing list delays.  But on this last
Tuesday I saw mail delayed by 11 hours which is very excessive!  No
one knows why.  FSF sysadmin looked at the issue but by that time the
mail had been flowing so there wasn't any problem found.  There was
some possibility that backup had browned out the I/O and slowed things
down but no hard evidence yet.  I am also suspicious that it could
cause that long of a delay.  So...  Don't know!

I say please keep reporting any odd problems and delays like this.
Just because we say, "I don't know." doesn't mean that we won't keep
looking until we find a problem.  And by we here I mean others since I
don't personally do anything with exim on the lists or eggs systems.

Bob