Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please disallow www-commits in robots.txt

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please disallow www-commits in robots.txt
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 11:22:12 +0000

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 09:34:50AM +0200, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:

> The problem is that the www-fr web repo doesn't seem to be checked out.
> Dora added a blank index page, but we still get a 404 with the usual URL

There are more problems:

* The repository belongs the www-fr group, but it should only be
  write-accessible for GNU webmasters and not to the members of
  www-fr.
* The repository is public and permits anonymous checkouts, whereas
  it's intended to be private---at the same time, other www-fr repos
  are to remain public.
* The web repository browser displays it publicly as well, whereas
  it should only show it to webmasters or not show at all.
* The www.gnu.org part the repository is mapped to is to only be
  viewable for GNU webmasters; it means that www.gnu.org should
  be able to authenticate people based on Savannah membership.

Savannah doesn't support anything from that list,
and I don't think it should.