savannah-hackers

Re: [Savannah-hackers] Username mismatch?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Username mismatch?
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:12:03 +0200

Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I wonder what uid65697 means. I would expect my username (gray) instead
> > of it. Is it OK?
> The FSF sysadmins have been notified, they should be working on it
> soon.

I hope the following information will help:

1) The reason for this behavior is that getpwuid() returns NULL (see
cvs-1.11.5/src/subr.c, lines 368-375), i.e. /etc/passwd does not
contain such entry.

2) If the users' information has been moved from passwd to another
database, the cvs source provides a way to override getpwuid call
using SYSTEM_GETCALLER macro (see subr.c:346) For example, if you add
a function

  char *savannah_getpwuid();

which would return the current user login name, then adding

  #define SYSTEM_GETCALLER() savannah_getpwuid()

to config.h should do the job.

Regards,
Sergey