savannah-hackers

Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 01:19:52 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:
>   > What name do you want to use for the principal branch?  Then specific
>   > instructions could be supplied.
>
> Let's use `trunk'.
>
>   > And actually it might be simplest if I were to reach into the remote
>   > git repository and set that as the default branch name, and then have
>   > you clone it again so that you don't need to do anything on your end.
>
> Thank you.

Done.  I have set things up and initialized the repository for you.
Please make a new pristine clone checkout again.

    ...remove the local c-intro-and-ref first for a pristine checkout...
    git clone git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/c-intro-and-ref.git

Then copy into that directory the new files to commit.  Add them.
Commit them.  Push the result.

    cd c-intro-and-ref
    ...copy in the files...
    git add ./*